Wednesday 28 February 2018

Pre-Class Task: Post 3 images (Architecture)


Great Piece of Architecture: Sagrada Familia


I have been very lucky to have had the opportunity to go overseas on holiday numerous times. One of my favourite place that I have been was Barcelona in Spain and the reason for that was Sagrada Familia!

Never before had I been inspired by a single piece of architecture before Gaudi's uncompleted masterpiece. A modernist church, it was a refreshing change from the monotony of the Gothic and Baroque Cathedrals that plague Europe. What I loved the most about the building  was the floral motif featured on the interior with the naive resembling a canopy of sorts. Such a unique design, I had never seen anything quite like it! It took my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment